A good laugh and a long sleep are the best cures in the doctor’s book.
SEND at STARS
Special Educational Needs (SEN) and/or Disabilities (D) & Inclusion
All pupils at STARS have additional educational needs and / or disability. This is because we are a pupil referral unit for children with medical (physical or mental health) needs, which are preventing them accessing their mainstream school.
Some of our pupils may have additional SEND needs.
We are committed to offering an inclusive curriculum to ensure the best possible progress and outcomes for all of our pupils whatever their needs or abilities.
STARS aims to assist all students to achieve and develop by:
- treating each child as an individual bearing in mind his or her particular needs and the expectations and needs of the school community
- helping each child to achieve his or her full potential and to appreciate and value his or her own strengths
- providing a safe and secure learning environment within which each individual is valued and respected
- preparing each child for the choices, opportunities, responsibilities and experiences of transition to their next stage in education and adult life
- working in partnership with parents/carers of students with Special Educational Needs to further their child's education
If you have a concern about SEND provision, or would like to discuss your child’s progress or attainment, we encourage you to contact the SENDCo in the first instance: Maggie Pursglove, SENDCO, firstname.lastname@example.org
The school's information report can be seen here and can also be accessed, along with a variety of other information at Sutton's Local Offer website here.
The school adopts the Sutton SEND Charter.
This holds certain values dear, and we share those values. https://www.sutton.gov.uk/-/send-charter